meltmedia is looking for a Technical Project Manager who is passionate about the internet. If you keep up with the latest technological trends we have the perfect role for you. We’re putting on a play about two star-crossed lovers... Wait, no. Different document. Sorry. meltmedia is a fast growing, dynamic company in the business of interactive design and software development. We’re on our fifth year of inclusion in the Inc. 500/0 list of fastest growing companies.
The Technical Project Manager position sounds like a kung fu defensive stance, but really it’s responsible for managing and executing multiple web-based projects for meltmedia clients. The Project Manager will be the main point of contact for all client activities, including bridge night and lawn bowling tourneys.
Responsibilities include managing the design and development of multiple web-based projects that can include custom application development, product and company based web sites, e-mail campaigns, interactive media, site analytics, usability studies, marketing analysis and general site maintenance. The PM will interact and coordinate with multiple teams (clients, vendors, agencies and internal design & development teams).
Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, along with having strong communication and team-based skills to execute projects with demanding deadline expectations. Ability to play Parcheesi (Indian spelling, “Parchisi”) is a bonus.
- Act as project lead to understand, identify and execute all client needs for multiple web-based projects spanning various technology platforms
- Formulate strategic direction and vision with clients to achieve desired project objectives
- Gather client requirements and provide proper functional requirements documentation to communicate those requirements from vision through planning and execution with the design and programming teams
- Create project plan(s) and manage all project tasks and activities with various teams (design, development outside agencies & other vendors when applicable)
- Responsible for the oversight/execution of user acceptance testing and training of all applications
- Train developers for competitive carrot peeling
- Analyze project metrics to ensure they are meeting business requirements/objectives
- Manage day-to-day client relationship and communications
- Experienced SOW author and negotiator
- Effectively manage scope creep
Qualified candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Minimum 5 - 7 years’ project management experience, preferably in an agency or consulting environment
- Experience managing project teams in a matrixed environment
- Awareness of the Matrix and ability to move in and out of it
- Ability to work within various project management methodologies
- Experience managing custom application development, web development, and/or configuration of packaged applications
- Ability to read, create, and speak to complex user flows and architectural ecosystem diagrams
- Successful facilitation of requirements gathering sessions with clients and/or teams to understand project objectives and expectations
- Creation of business requirements documentation, use cases, testing and training plans
- Creation of strategic and tactical plans and development of unique concepts and ideas
- Creation of small universes in mason jars for fun and profit
- Knowledge and experience with each stage of project and/or software/product development life cycles and methodologies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical minded professionals without losing important details during translation
- Project collaboration techniques: brainstorming, consensus building, team-building, conflict resolution, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage multiple clients and stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimal direction
- Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others while upholding the values of the organization
- Ability to work well as part of a team; to exhibit objectivity and be open-minded towards the ideas and views of others, give as well as welcome feedback, contribute to building team spirit, and aid others to succeed
- Agency and/or consulting experience highly desirable
- Precious metals and cold fusion are also highly desirable, but we understand you may not have one or either of those and that’s OK
- Demonstrated experience with database architecture and API Integrations is a plus
- Experience with service oriented architecture is a plus
- Experience in the medical or pharmaceutical fields is a plus
- This is also a plus: +
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business or technology related field, or related experience
- Certification in Beginning Checkers optional
meltmedia | Superheroes unite
We are Interactive Superheroes. meltmedia is an uncommon mix of technology experts, digital strategists and design leaders. We build impactful websites and enterprise-class web and mobile applications, for mid-tier to Fortune 500 Business Superheroes. We specialize in applying leading technologies to publicly-facing and internally-deployed properties. The funny guy didn't write this part.
We offer a casual, small team, work environment that's high on responsibility and low on politics. We also offer competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare, paid holidays, 401K and paid time off. We’re working on getting competitive carrot peeling into the Olympics.